Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lord Vishnu...Operation Shanti style...

…The peace-loving deity of the Hindu Trinity, Vishnu is the Preserver or Sustainer of life with his steadfast principles of order, righteousness and truth. When these values are under threat, Vishnu emerges out of his transcendence to restore peace and order on earth…we have our own version here at Operation Shanti…who brings colour and life to this world…do you remember him…he tried to direct his herd of cows (actually the bigger boys one day walking home from school) but got chased instead…he stared down a cow not too long ago…and at some point realized that I may have been named after a deity…but I sure ain’t got the same powers nor height…well TODAY Vishnu met his match…wait for it…..ANTS hahaha….the kids were off school today and I was watching them play…in particular I was watching Vishnu…just cos he is fun to watch…he was quiet one minute…playing with a stick…and the next moment I look around and he is wriggling left right and centre…I thought to myself…man this boy is good at the Hokey Pokey…oooh but poor Vishnu was dancing to a different song…he with his ‘magic’ stick must have prodded and upset an ants nest and they wasted no time in attacking…poor boy was looking around for help…I ran up to him and tried to brush the ants off him…I think I succeeded but for the remainder of the hour I was there I would peek a look at Vishnu and he would every so often give a little jump and cringe his face…he has given me new meaning to the phrase ‘ants in my pants’!!! I am sure he will be fine in the days to come…and whether he finds something else to disrupt is yet to be seen…Lord Vishnu…not quite king of the anthill…yet!

1 comment: