Thursday, November 4, 2010

2nd day at Operation Shanti


3 November 2010

I survived…I am getting the hang of the kids as they are hanging off me everyday I pick them up from school…trying very hard to keep a straight line or be thwacked across the head by the security guard who leads the way every afternoon…madam eat today?...yes madam eat chapatti and dhal today (like every other day haha)…he is a funny character with his man sari or whatever they call it…but the kids are terrified of him and I am not so sure that is a good thing but…and so we walk back everyday in a hopeful straight line…the kids get milk when they get home from school and today I managed to get 3 (out of 53) to sit still till they finished…I am going for 5 tomorrow…wish me luck!...Diwali is getting closer and I need to find some sparklers for the kids…it seems this is what the kids get to do during this festival of lights…and the adults don’t get to sleep cos of all the noise…hope I do not set a kid on fire…or myself for that matter haha…I am very hopeful…

No comments:

Post a Comment