Friday, November 12, 2010

The Art of Giving

12 November 2010


...Today was a special day...not because the kids were calm walking hand in hand home from school...or that Vishnu behaved himself...a complete opposite from yesterday...but because they share and they do it so generously...biscuits are given as treats to the kids...Tracy is given them all too often from donors and so she uses them as treats in the lunch boxes or as rewards for good chores done...on most occasions these are gobbled up in an instant...but today Tunmai had a few left in her pocket after school...no wrapper...no lunchbox...just 3 little biscuits in her pocket...as she pulled them out of her pocket she was surrounded by the other kids who wanted a little piece...she did not panic or put them all back in her pocket nor her mouth (which is what I think I would've done haha just kidding)...but instead broke them into little pieces and distributed them as best she could...how about that??...do they teach you that on the streets??...I am not sure...all I know is that this little girl shares and she shares from the heart...and to top things off she reaches in to her pocket one last time and pulls out a small piece of biscuit...she pulls my hand that is holding her...reaches out to me and says...ma'am you you...i reach down to take it but she refuses to give it to me...instead she wants to put it in my mouth herself...I let her...and all I can say is that that was the best biscuit I am ever going to taste EVER!


Please visit http://www.operation-shanti.org/pages/ourkids.html to learn more about these kids...they are truly lovely and lively!



No comments:

Post a Comment