Saturday, November 20, 2010

Immersed...



Sunday, November 21 2010

…Been here for almost a month now…my senses have truly been awakened…nothing is asleep…never a quiet moment even if you knew where to find it…it hasn’t take me long to get it…India has everything…from their food to the honkers to the garbage to the poverty…everything…even their own version of Coke…called Thums Up! (not a spelling error on my part!)…and the PEOPLE!...everyone seems to converge here for some reason or another…of course we know the Indians live here…1.15 billion…this is their country…but they are so colourful (oops is that a bad pun?)…from Srikanth my trusty auto driver who takes me to Op Shanti very day…tomorrow 2pm ok, Srikanth?...Ok Madam 2pm no problem…2.30pm and he turns up!...to my friendly friend at the corner shop who tops up hand phone credit…I call him Mr. Server Down…cos every single time I try to top up my credit he says his server is down!… to the men casually peeing in the streets!!...our fav food joints…Tina’s café..a family run business where they serve almost the same dishes over and over again haha…The Sixth Main restaurant…mainly our dinner joint where we eat our Chaat Poori…India’s version of Kueh Paity…da best but also where they keep getting the bill wrong…Café Cofee Day…where they serve the best lattes in town…to Operation Shanti…the kids are the ones who are alive here…truly alive…this is going to be one of the biggest lessons of my life…I may have to live here now…ooops be careful what you ask for jobananas…and then there are the tourists we have met…they all seem to be here to try to find themselves…a little like me I guess but I do not think one trip will do it...but what a colourful lot they are too…whom have I met so far…oh yes there is Hannah…she’s from Montana and here in India for the first time…that’s a mighty long flight, Hannah (not her real name but well since she’s from Montana why not Hannah!)…then there is big Joe from the Café Coffee Day place...Latte! Latte!...Dude how about you get up go to the counter and ask the nice waiter nicely!!...then maybe you will get your latte…to the Professor lady who made sense for about 2 minutes and then proceeded to talk about how she changed laws somewhere and that everything was about her…Really??! You did that…OMG…how about changing some laws here to help the needy...I wonder if they are seeing India the same way I am too…I hope so cos if they are not then they may be missing out…yes this is a colourful trip indeed and for the first time in a long time I feel awakened…take the time to enjoy India guys…it has so much to offer!






No comments:

Post a Comment