Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Begging Industry in India

9 November 2010


...I watched with amazement at how these little street children beg in the streets...first they sit in a corner about 6 of them...i think they are discussing their modus operandi (is this correct haha) for the day...a big girl seems to be explaining to the little ones...and off they go...


...you feel so sorry for them that they have to resort to this but you feel more anger at the big adult person that must be behind this whole operation (a la Slumdog Millionaire)...I was observing all this from the cafe across the street...afraid to go out cos I know they will be waiting for me...you so want to help but know that this is not the kind of help they need...and the help they REALLY NEED is beyond my control...a lot of the kids at Operation Shanti were begging on the streets before they were brought to the shelter...and all have similiar stories...the adults behind them?...their parent (most only having one)...and these are good kids...really bright and loving...but hardened by their years on the streets...honestly, what does their future look like?...I pray that it will be a lot brighter than the kids I saw this morning...thank you Tracy for Operation Shanti!

No comments:

Post a Comment