Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Elusive Sim Card


29 October 2010

Today’s journey has brought me all across Gokulam,Mysore…literally from point A to B to C and then back to point B and finally back to A (and I did not even have to go to C!!)…why?...all in search of a local SIM card that has now become elusive…and we have the terrorists to thank for this...gone are the days when your passport alone was proof enough of your existence and one’s licence to travel freely and explore the world…well now we need to produce documents that prove your address and further existence…dumbo me forgot to carry my identify card with me…the only form of identification that has my address on it and I never think to bring it…but hey what about my passport?!...nope sorry madam passport no working…so there you go…just one other example that the way we travel these days is changing every second…it is very frustrating cos all I want is a SIM card to call home..but I guess I should be thankful that the people of Gokulam at least are enforcing the rules…cos I know of other places during my travels that will offer to turn the other way for a few extra bucks…so there you go Gokulam…sorry madam no SIM card today but the chappati was real good!




No comments:

Post a Comment