Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Almost there...

Trying very hard to get used to this blogging business and I am sure it will be a breeze moving forward! The bags are packed and all that's left are the tummy pills which I hope i will not be needing! In case you are wondering where I am headed to in India...it's Mysore...home to the Wodeyar maharajas and their royal heritage yoga...ayurveda...Chamundi Hill...art galleries...and the list goes on(thank goodness for Lonely Planet!).

And I shall be helping out at a small NGO called Operation Shanti. They work with street children and destitute women...thrown out onto to the streets by their abusive husbands or widowed...left to fend for themselves...with barely any means to support themselves exceptr their two palms faced upwards begging..I will volunteer with the group...hoping to be help wherever and however I can.

Please visit their website at http://www.operation-shanti.org/ to learn more about their amazing work.

More updates to follow once I get to India!

Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment