Sunday, December 12, 2010

And poof there it goes...is it really over?

…today was my last day at Operation Shanti…what an amazing send off…totally unexpected and full of love…the cards…the hugs…the handwritten message…the innocent “Jo ma’am, you no coming tomorrow?”…”no, Jo ma’am going home tomorrow but I come back next year, ok? (there is no way you are keeping me away!)”…lots of tears but they were mainly mine haha… really?!...Is it time to head home now?...part of me says ‘yes’ it’s time to go home…but a bigger part says ‘stay’…but not because I am sad to leave or because I will miss the kids and the colourful experience I have had…but because I am not done here yet…not even close!!…I feel I am just getting started…and that’s a dangerous feeling my oh my…my senses have been on overdrive and though I am emotionally exhausted today it is ironically a heartwarming feeling…to know that these kids are alive… truly and completely alive…that there is a safe place like Operation Shanti along with those who work there or are involved in some way…like a very few places if you know where to look…and a person like Tracy who has unconditional love and care for these kids…Tracy, if you are reading this, I know this is just a simple thank you but…it’s for letting me hang with the kids…for trusting me with the kids…for letting me make chapattis with Aunty and the kids every Saturday …and for opening my eyes a little wider into the real world…it has been a complete blast!...so…1,000 chapatis later…with 403 thalis in the tummy…with 1 million cows every where…with too many cups of coffee that’s for sure…and 1 amazing experience at Operation Shanti…it may be goodbye Gokulam…but only for now…cos this is really just the beginning…Namaste!...and Merry Xmas everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment